You know that feeling when you make something so delicious and yet so simple, you want all of your friends and family members to try it? That's how I feel about homemade Cashew Milk. Cashews pack a serious punch of heart healthy vitamins, like Vitamin K, Iron, and Magnesium as well as unsaturated fat associated with lowering bad cholesterol. Texture is on point, and keeps our heart in check! I use a cheese cloth or nut milk bag to help strain out the chunks but in a pinch a fine mesh strainer works too!
- 1 cup of plain, unsalted cashews, soaked over night and drained (or at least 8 hours)
- 2 cups of water
- 5-6 medijool dates (I soak my dates for maximum softness and ease in the blender)
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through cheese cloth into a mason jar or bottle ( I like to reserve the cashew flour for baking!)
- Serve cashew milk with coffee, in smoothies, chia seed pudding (recipe coming soon) oatmeal, cereal, use in ice cream or enjoy plain!
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.