You'll be craving this light salad with crispy spring vegetables. The combination of the spicy radishes with the creamy dill dressing is so satisfying and light. The sprinkle of hemp seeds give this salad an additional superfood boast, they have omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids which our bodies can't produce on its own and we must get from food sources. They are also a great source of protein, which helps to keep us fuller longer. I am really into using cashew base for my dressing. They provide a creamy texture and mimic a cheese like flavor. This is a perfect salad to "put an egg on" but really, what salad isn't?
Prep Time: 10 Mins
- 1 bunch lacinato kale (Dinosaur kale), stems removed and leaves torn into small pieces
- 1 bunch of breakfast radishes, leaves removed (I save them and sauté) sliced into circles.
- 1 english cucumber, sliced into half moons
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas, cut on the diagonal
- 1 cup of salt potatoes. steamed, and cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup of cashews soaked overnight or 2 hours
- 1/2 of a shallot, diced
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1-2 medijol dates, sliced
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place salad ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing, drain and rinse the cashews.
- Add cashews, shallot, lemon, mustard, dates, dill, salt and pepper to a food processor.
- Blend until dressing forms a creamy texture. You may have to add more liquid but you don't want it too runny. Taste to adjust seasoning.
- Toss salad with dressing, garnishing with extra dill.
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.