Just the mention of muffins sends my mini chefs yelping and cheering for joy. I am not a huge muffin fan, but I do enjoy when they come out of the oven super warm, with chunks of fruit and I can slather some jam or nut butter across the top. The cranberries and oranges in this recipe have a nice amount Vitamin C which keeps our skin looking young and healthy, and also helps us recover faster when we are sick and heals cuts and scrapes (I hear you boo boo' and ouchies).
Prep Time 10 mins
Bake time 15 mins
- 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup full fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- MIx together Dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- In another bowl mix together wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry,
- Grease a muffin tin with butter, coconut oil or no stick stray. Scoop batter in tin about 3/4 the way full.
- Bake for 15-20 until muffins are cooked through, test after 15 mins for doneness, let cool on a cooling rack.
- Serve plain or with your favorite jam, butter or nut butter.
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.