This chocolate chip cookie recipe gives you a hit of protein alongside delicious flavor. It's one of those recipes where you can't believe there's no added sugar - it's just that good. Enjoy!
- 2.5 large ripe bananas
- 1 egg
- 1 serving protein powder of choice (non flavored)
- 1¾ cups quick oats
- ¼ cup cacao nibs or unsweetened chocolate chips
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Walnut pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash bananas.
- Add egg and mix in.
- Add oats and protein powder and mix well.
- Then add in the cacao nibs or unsweetened chocolate chips, walnut pieces, vanilla and applesauce.
- Use a tablespoon to measure out portions of the dough, dropping them onto the baking sheet. You can shape these into balls or press and fatten each cookie with a spoon. (The dough will not spread out much during baking.)
- Bake 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove and let them cool on a rack.