With Fall comes colorful leaves, cooling temps, gorgeous apples and of course, PUMPKINS! If you are a pumpkin fanatic this recipe is for you. And if you like delicious things, this recipe is for you as well!
You can make this with or without a pressure cooker. The latter simply cuts the time in half but you can make it on the stovetop just as easily.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
On the Stovetop
- Put the water and milk into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once it begins to boil add the oats and salt, reduce heat to low and gently simmer (watch it carefully so it doesn't foam up).
- Simmer for 20 minutes, occasionally stirring and scraping up any stuck oats from the bottom of the pan.
- Check the oats for desired creaminess. If you'd like it a bit more creamy, continue to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Once done, remove from heat and stir in the maple syrup, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Place in bowl and enjoy.
With a pressure cooker
- Put oats, water, milk, and salt to the pressure cooker pot and stir.
- Set for 10 minutes.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and release steam.
- Then stir in the maple syrup, pumpkin puree, nutmeg, cinnamon.
- Remove from pressure cooker. Place in bowl and enjoy.