Holistic health coach and chef Kelly Cohen, author of My Organic Diary, serves up her latest healthy and vegan take on Thai noodle soup.
Cook Time: 35 min
- ½ bottle Heaven and Earth carrot and ginger juice
- 1 leek, white parts only, washed and sliced
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 large chunk of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp miso paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 8 oz bella, enoki or shiitake mushrooms, washed
- 4-6 oz soba or udon noodles, cooked according to packaging
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds
- Lime wedges
- In a large pot, add the avocado oil, onions, and leeks. Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes until softer.
- Turn the heat medium-low and add Heaven and Earth juice, curry powder and 1 cup of water.
- Add the miso paste, lime, and fresh ginger to the pot. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the mushrooms. Cover and leave on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Using 4 individual serving bowls, place a serving of noodles in each bowl. Pour 2-3 ladles of the Thai soup preparation for each bowl. Garnish with scallions, sesame seeds, and lime wedges.
- Serve hot.
- Can be kept refrigerated for 5 days.
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.