Makes approximately 12 pancakes
3/4 cup oat flour (or gluten-free oat flour)
1 cup all-purpose flour (or gluten-free blend)
1/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 1/2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 1/4 cup plain unsweetened almond milk (or non-dairy milk of our choice)
1/4 - 1/3 cup (depends how chocolatey you want it) vegan dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and whisk until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add the apple sauce, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix well to combine. Then add in the almond milk and mix well to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and gently mix. Then fold in the chocolate chips slowly. Note: It should be pourable but still maintain a relatively thick consistency. Add additional almond milk if it is too thick, or if it is too thin then thicken with additional flour.
- Heat your nonstick skillet or cast-iron skillet until hot. Make sure the pan is oiled with coconut oil.
- Once hot, pout 1/3 cup of pancake mixture onto pan. Cook until it begins to bubble then flip and cook for 2 more minutes.
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.