The earthy mushrooms, fresh herbs and nutty flavor come together to make this special healthy stuffing that'll quickly become everyone's favorite new side.
- 1 cup carrots, chopped and peeled (about 4 carrots)
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups organic low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- ¾ cup organic pecans
- 12 slices whole grain bread
- 2 organic eggs
- A day before if possible, cube the bread and place in a bowl. Set aside and leave out at room temperature so that it completely dries out. (If unable to leave the bread out at room temperature, it can be toasted. Preheat the oven to 250°. Cube the bread and place on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with 1–2 tablespoons olive oil and bake for 1 hour or until bread is completely dried out.)
- Preheat the oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Arrange the carrots and cauliflower on a lined baking sheet in a single layer and roast for about 25–30 minutes, or until golden.
- While the vegetables are roasting, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic and onions until tender, about 5–8 minutes. Then add in the mushrooms and celery and cook for an additional 8–10 minutes or until celery is tender, mushrooms have sweated, and onions are slightly caramelized.
- In a medium-sized stockpot, prepare the chicken bone broth. Place on medium heat; add 2 cups of warm water and 2 scoops of Chicken Soup Bone Broth Protein. Whisk until combined and set aside.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables and sautéed mushroom mixture to a large food processor. Add in rosemary, thyme, sage, sea salt and pepper.
- Quickly pulse the mixture in the food processor so that it combines, but still has a chunky texture like stuffing.
- Add the bread to the stuffing mixture and place in the 9x13 prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk 2 eggs. Add in bone broth mixture and whisk until fully combined.
- Add pecans to stuffing.
- Pour egg and bone broth mixture over the superfood stuffing so that it is equally distributed. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil, and bake uncovered for 10–15 minutes longer, or until the top of the stuffing begins to turn golden. Serve warm.
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.