We all deserve to treat ourselves. And what better way than a brownie recipe where the batter is egg-free and safe to eat as you go? We won't say no to that!
Ooey, gooey brownies that are low in sugar and made from wholesome ingredients.
Enjoy every bite!
Recipe from myorganicdiary.com.
¼ cup natural almond butter (or another nut butter of your choice)
½ cup coconut sugar
⅓ cup nut milk (of your choice)
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp melted neutral oil, like avocado oil
¾ cup unsweetened good quality cacao powder
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax + 6 tsp water, whisk together, set for 10 mins)
¼ cup + 2 tbsp almond or hazelnut flour
½ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, nut milk and oil. Whisk until it looks like a grainy caramel.
- Add cocoa powder carefully, whisking until shiny and smooth and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Add in vanilla and salt.
- Add flax eggs, mixing until well incorporated.
- Finally, whisk in the flour. As the batter gets harder to mix, switch to a rubber spatula.
- Add the pecans and chocolate chips/chunks.
- Pour batter into the pan and smooth into an even layer.
- For the topping, sprinkle ½ cup pecans evenly over brownies. Press pecans down.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes. Cool for 1 hour.
- Optional: when cooled, place in fridge.
- Slice into 16 squares. Decorate with cocoa nibs
Alaya Naturals Blog and its materials are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease. All material on the Alaya Naturals Blog is provided for educational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or another qualified healthcare provider for any questions you have regarding a medical condition, and before undertaking any diet, exercise or other health related program.